To: Driver Partners of Via
For vehicles operating as part of Via for-hire driver network, DART Discover is a Passenger Information Monitor (PIM) solution which runs on an iPad and provides local, geo-targeted information for passengers including:
- Current vehicle location on a map (GPS)
- Information for local venues and events
- Extra USB charging slot
- With additional functionality to come (i.e. destination automatically updated based on the vehicle’s next destination)
Currently in the early stages of a pilot program to gather feedback from Via drivers and passengers
Driver operational responsibilities
- iPad placed in headrest mount
- Power cord plugged into USB slot
- Restart iPad if app issues (e.g. freezes)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can passengers use the iPad device to browse the internet?
The DART Discover app is running as in single app mode which restricts other app usage including the web browser
How do I update the app?
Updates to the DART Discover app are deployed remotely over-the-air using a Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution requiring minimal intervention from the driver.
Who can I contact for support or to provide feedback?
For any additional questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org